The coronavirus outbreak has a significant impact on consumer behavior, marketing activities. Here is a look at how COVID-19 affects the affiliate marketing industry.
Affiliate Marketing Industry News
3.27 Business Insider| At least 10 retailers including Macy’s, Patagonia, and Victoria’s Secret suspended their affiliate programs
4.2 Business Insider| Walmart Ca has suspended its affiliate programs starting March 25
4.6 Ad Exchanger| Amazon Removes Third-Party Vendors From Its Affiliate Program
4.14 CNBC| Amazon slashes commission rates for program that gives publishers a cut of sales
4.20 PerformanceIN| IAB UK, IPA & ISBA Back Government’s Keyword Blocking Call for Brands
4.21 Google Blog|List your products on Google Shopping for free
4.21 MarketingWeek| Coca-Cola ‘pauses’ marketing spend over ‘lack of ROI’
4.28 Techcruch| Shopify Launches New Consumer Shopping App
5.13 Performance IN| Button partners with AppsFlyer to enhance mobile affiliate optimization tech
5.19 PerformanceIN| TUNE acquired into Perseus Operating Group of Constellation software
Consumer Behavior Change
- Grocery spending is on the rise
- Cleaning products, toilet paper, and non-perishable goods are the priority buys
- Bigger baskets, fewer visits
- Simple, reliable forms of self-care dominate despite many resources available
- Convenience often triumphs over health or financial benefits when it comes to deliveries
- Brand discovery reflects our changing media habits while in lockdown
Affiliate Network Report
- COVID-19 resources
- How affiliate marketing responds to customer needs during the COVID-19 crisis
- COVID-19 Network & Consumer Trends Report
COVID Weekly Tracking Data – Orders by Publisher Category
Mobidea| The most popular offers are predicted to be:
- Sweepstakes: Food, Games, Adult, Giftcards, etc.
- Crypto, Finance: people are seeking additional sources of income.
- Online Dating & Adult: the more time in self-isolation, the more time people will spend on entertainment, and this kind of offer is no exception, to say the least.
- Health and Nutra: health and self-care are now one of the most discussed topics. Some examples are Vitamines, Immune supplements, and Health Insurance.
- Apps: Food delivery, Games, News, Health and Fitness, Communications, and Utilities.
- Gaming: another result of the need for entertainment in the period of quarantine.
- The Impact Of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On The Affiliate Marketing Industry
- COVID-19: How Networks are Coping and Impact on Affiliate Partnerships
- Performance Trends: Verticals and Product Category Changes You Should Know About
- COVID-19 and Affiliate Marketing: Any Gold Opportunities for Affiliate Marketers?
- What Impact data reveals: 2020 benchmarks for 6 top verticals during the COVID-19 crisis