Bob’s Weekly Reading Picks
2019.3.1- volume 8
1. A Complete List Of Online Marketplaces Across The Globe (Updated for 2019)
2. 25 questions about affiliate marketing answered for marketing managers
3. How to Do Affiliate Marketing Without a Website
4. The Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist
5. How to Get Top Influencers to Work with Your Brand
6. What publishers need to know now about creating a better ad experience
Metrics: Requirements/ Commission/ Active Users/ Membership Fee/ Traffic/ Product Category
Note: You don’t need to try all the marketplaces below and it is worth having a look at.
- Amazon (international)
- eBay (international)
- GAME Marketplace gaming, media, computer hardware or toys
- Folksy handmade goods and craft supplies
- Allegro PL
- Bol.com NL
- Coolshop UK
- eMAG RO,PL, BG, HU
- FNAC FR consumer electronics, media products, sports and leisure equipment and home appliances
- Cdiscount FR
- PriceMinister FR part of the Rakuten group
- Pixmania FR hi-tech goods, such as cameras, video, computing, home appliances, toys & gadgets and watches.
- Fyndiq SE
- Okazii.ro RO
- OTTO DE
- Zalando DE
- Real.de DE
- Etsy handmade or vintage goods
- Jet.com need to have the legal and physical capability to fulfil orders in the United States
- Newegg computer hardware
- Zibbet handmade goods, fine art, vintage goods or craft supplies
- Alibaba wholesale trade
- AliExpress dropshipping
- Flipkart IN
- Snapdeal IN
- GittiGiddiyor TR owned by eBay
- Tmall Global CN owned by Alibaba
- JD Worldwide CN
- Kaola CN food, high-end products, baby and more
- Lazada Southeast Asia
- Qoo10 Southeast Asia
- Shopee Southeast Asia
- Rakuten JP
- Souq Middle East, owned by Amazon
- Trade Me NZ
- What is affiliate marketing?
- How can affiliate marketing help my business?
- How much is the global affiliate industry worth?
Awin Report: global annual investment in the industry is more than $13 billion annually.
- What is an affiliate program?
- How do affiliate networks make money?
- What’s the difference between affiliate marketing and dropshipping?
- Can we use affiliate marketing for lead generation?
- Are affiliate marketing and performance marketing the same thing?
- Is it possible to promote affiliate offers on mobile devices?
- What is a super affiliate?
- Where do I find qualified publishers?
- What is an affiliate disclosure statement?
- How much commission should we pay publishers?
- We’re worried about ad-blockers. Are they an issue?
- How do we deal with non-compliance issues?
- What happens if a publisher isn’t performing in terms of sales?
- How do we track publisher sales activity?
- Is social media activity an important part of affiliate marketing?
- Can we have an affiliate program in multiple countries?
- What are the advantages of this type of marketing?
- What are the disadvantages of this type of marketing?
In-house & compliance issues
- How much growth is predicted for the affiliate industry?
- Is affiliate marketing still expanding?
- On average, how soon could we see a return on our investment?
- What’s the future of affiliate marketing?
- Email Marketing
- Social Media (Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Pinterest Federal Trade Commission regulation )
- Paid Advertising (PPC affiliate)
- Video Marketing (Youtube influencer))
- Offline Efforts
- Retargeting (technology)
- Add any available sales channels
- Add a custom domain
- Double check your payment gateway
- Prepare your standard pages
- Review your email notification settings
- Conduct a content audit
- Optimize all images on your website
- Install an analytics tool
- Have a prelaunch marketing plan
- Adjust your tax and shipping settings
- Make it easy for shoppers to contact you
- Install only the essential apps
- Set up your billing information
- Research Influencers Thoroughly
- Identify How You Can Help Influencers
- Be Specific While Writing Your Pitch
Dear [NAME OF INFLUENCER],
I am [YOUR NAME], [YOUR JOB TITLE] at [YOUR COMPANY].
I have been following you on social media and I especially like [MENTION WHAT YOU LIKE ABOUT THEM]. I think your content will resonate really well with our audience too.
We would love to work with you for an Instagram campaign that we are finalizing. We’ve worked with [NAMES OF OTHER INFLUENCERS] on similar campaigns in the past [SHARE LINK] and they loved working with us.
I think that our products can greatly benefit your audience.. If this is something that interests you, please reply to this email so we can set up some time to discuss further.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks in advance,
- Make it Easy for Them to Say Yes
- Follow Up With Influencers
Coalition for Better Ads: Better Ads Standards
Ad Experience Report in the Google Search Console