2 things to consider before we go on
- Adwords is no easy to outsource. Generally it is one of the hardest marketing jobs you can hand off to an outside person or firm.
- You should not outsource it too soon. It is doubly hard to outsource if you donot thoroughly understand it yourself.
Hire someone inhouse or hire an agency
- hire someone in-house who has an intimate knowledge of your business, objective, your budget and marketing plan and more.
- hire an agency who is more professional and keeping up with Google’s perpetual changes.
- Percentage of ad spend.
- Fixed fee
11 quesions to Ask
- Did the person who is going to be monioring your adwords account, learn adwords on their own time?——Ask them to prove to you they built a successful, profitable campaign with their own money.
- Is the agency rally an agency?——Be aware of the lone-ranger account managers who come with no credentials, no certificaton, and no backing of an kind by the big players.
- What service does the agency offer?——Some multi-service companies will say they offer PPC when it’s really only a sideline.
- How did you hear anout the agency?——Always get references or case studies from previous or current customers.
- Have they worked with anyone else in your specific market or vertical niche?——It is a go sign if they have prior experience in your sector.
- How do they report their results? weekly? montly? in what formats?
- What KPIs do they use?——Good agencies talk about CPAs, volume of conversions and profits instead of number of clicks, impressions,CTRs or eve the posion of your ads.
- What account management system do they use?——The important thing is to know they have a system and they don’t just manage accounts on an ad hoc basis.
- Who exactly will be working on your account?——Don’t be afraid to ask for specifics about the people that will be physically working on your account.
- Is the agency certified?——The agency should be at least Adwords Certified and part of the Google Partner program. (Certification requires passing a couple of fairly easy exams as well as maintaining a minimum monthly Adwords spend)
- What does yout gut tell you?——The right agency will take the talk and have good business sense.
Who will have the ownship of your account?
- You must always retain ownship of your adwords coouns. It is your business asset and you are granting an agency acceso your property.
- Do no have the agency create their own account on your behalf.
- Do you have admin-level control of your account?
Disclaimer: Contents are from Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords