The coronavirus outbreak has a significant impact on consumer behavior, marketing activities. Here is a look at how COVID-19 affects the affiliate marketing industry.
Affiliate Marketing Industry News
Below are big news or events inside affiliate marketing during coronavirus outbreak that you need to pay attention to and change your marketing accordingly.
3.27 Business Insider| At least 10 retailers including Macy’s, Patagonia, and Victoria’s Secret suspended their affiliate programs
4.2 Business Insider| Walmart Ca has suspended its affiliate programs starting March 25
4.6 Ad Exchanger| Amazon Removes Third-Party Vendors From Its Affiliate Program
4.14 CNBC| Amazon slashes commission rates for program that gives publishers a cut of sales
4.20 PerformanceIN| IAB UK, IPA & ISBA Back Government’s Keyword Blocking Call for Brands
4.21 Google Blog|List your products on Google Shopping for free
4.21 MarketingWeek| Coca-Cola ‘pauses’ marketing spend over ‘lack of ROI’
4.28 Techcruch| Shopify Launches New Consumer Shopping App
5.13 Performance IN| Button partners with AppsFlyer to enhance mobile affiliate optimization tech
5.19 PerformanceIN| TUNE acquired into Perseus Operating Group of Constellation software
5.28 Techcruch| Skimlinks is acquired by retail marketing platform Connexity
5.29 PerformanceIN| Webgains & Microsoft Bing Team Up to Enhance Microsoft Bing Vouchers
6.15 Shopify| Walmart partners with Shopify to expand its online marketplace
Consumer Behavior Change
The COVID-19 impacts our daily life and way of working (working from home and keep safe). The lockdown and unemployment make it necessary to get what we really want to deal with hard times.
- Grocery spending is on the rise
- Cleaning products, toilet paper, and non-perishable goods are the priority buys
- Bigger baskets, fewer visits
- Simple, reliable forms of self-care dominate despite many resources available
- Convenience often triumphs over health or financial benefits when it comes to deliveries
- Brand discovery reflects our changing media habits while in lockdown
GWI Coronavirus Findings April 2020 – Consumer Spending
GWI| Coronavirus: the consumer impact
Affiliate Network Report
- News and events on coronavirus
- Coronavirus performance tracker
- COVID-19 resources
- How affiliate marketing responds to customer needs during the COVID-19 crisis
- COVID-19 Network & Consumer Trends Report
COVID Weekly Tracking Data – Orders by Publisher Category
Mobidea| The most popular offers are predicted to be:
- Sweepstakes: Food, Games, Adult, Giftcards, etc.
- Crypto, Finance: people are seeking additional sources of income.
- Online Dating & Adult: the more time in self-isolation, the more time people will spend on entertainment, and this kind of offer is no exception, to say the least.
- Health and Nutra: health and self-care are now one of the most discussed topics. Some examples are Vitamines, Immune supplements, and Health Insurance.
- Apps: Food delivery, Games, News, Health and Fitness, Communications, and Utilities.
- Gaming: another result of the need for entertainment in the period of quarantine.
- The Impact Of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On The Affiliate Marketing Industry
- COVID-19: How Networks are Coping and Impact on Affiliate Partnerships
- Performance Trends: Verticals and Product Category Changes You Should Know About
- COVID-19 and Affiliate Marketing: Any Gold Opportunities for Affiliate Marketers?
- What Impact data reveals: 2020 benchmarks for 6 top verticals during the COVID-19 crisis