The exam can be used to test your knowledge of affiliate marketing 101.
60 points /100 is required for the test.
一、Multiple Choice（10*2 points）
1. How many steps for launching an affiliate program on ShareASale? （ ）
A.5 B. 6 C. 7 D. 8
2. Which is not an affiliate network？ （ ）
A. CJ B. Awin C. ShareASale D. Skimlinks
3. Which is the largest deal site in the US？ （ ）
A. DealNews B. BradsDeals C. Slickdeals D. TechBargains
4. Which is a cashback affiliate？ （ ）
A. Rakuten B. Groupon C. Salecyle D. StudentBeans
5. Which is not a BNPL affiliate？ （ ）
A. Klarna B. QuadPay C. Seezle D. Acorns
6. Which market does ShareASale perform best in？ （ ）
A. US B. CA C. AU D.UK
7. Which market does Commission Factory perform best in？ （ ）
A. US B. CA C. AU D.UK
8. Which is not a must for CJ integration？ （ ）
A. Page Vist Tag B. Conversion Page Tag C. S2S D. Master Tag
9. Which is the largest deal site in the UK？ （ ）
A. LatestDeals.co.uk B. Groupon UK C. Vouchercloud D. Hotukdeals
10. Which market does BuzzFeed not cover？ （ ）
A. US B. AU C. JP D. Middle East
1. What are the roles in affiliate marketing？ （ ）
A. Advertiser B. Affiliate Network C. Publisher D. OPM
2. What’s the price structure of Awin？ （ ）
A. Set up Fee B. Monthly Fee C. Network Fee D. MMF
3. What are the creatives on ShareASale？ （ ）
A. Textlink B. Banner C. Deal/Coupon D. Data Feed
4. Which websites belong to Ziff Media？ （ ）
A. Mashable B. PCMag C. RetailMeNot D. TechBargains
5. Which websites belong to Pepper？ （ ）
A. hotukdeals B. dealabs C. mydealz D. dealhack
6. Which promotion activities are affiliate fraud? （ ）
A. TM Bidding without approval B.Product Review C. Cookie Stuffing D. Credit Card Fraud
7. An Affiliate can also be called？ （ ）
A. Affiliate B. Publisher C. Partner D. Influencer
8. Which are affiliate tracking softwares or SaaS？ （ ）
A. Impact B. Partnerize C. Tune D. TradeTracker
9. Which events are hosted by affiliate networks？ （ ）
A. CJU B. ThinkTank C. DealMaker D. AffiliateSummit
10. Which events are hosted by PerformanceIN？ （ ）
A. PMA B. Partnership Awards C. Global PMA D. PI Live
三、True or False（10*2 points）
1. It costs at least $650 to launch an affiliate program on ShareASale （ ）
2. EPC is the key metric for affiliates。 （ ）
3. Pay Per Call is one type of pricing in affiliate marketing。 （ ）
4. The sale amount tracked on ShareASale includes the shipping fee. （ ）
5. Last-Click is the only attribution model in affiliate marketing. （ ）
6. The more affiliate network advertisers use, the better results it will generate. （ ）
7. Slickdeals requires positive reviews to list Amazon deals when working with advertisers. （ ）
8. LinkShare and Ebates now are under the same company。（ ）
9. The Strategist offers paid placement for affiliate partnerships. （ ）
10. Google Shopping Feed can be used for CJ. ( )
四、Short Answer Questions（3*10 points）
- What happened from a customer clicks the affiliate link to an affiliate gets the commission?
- What will be the best affiliate network if you launch an affiliate program for a fashion brand?
- What’s the plan for de-duplication among affiliate networks and marketing channels?
Answers for Reference
1.D 2.D 3.C 4.A 5.D 6.A 7.C 8.D 9.D 10.D
1.ABCD 2.ABC 3.ABCD 4.ABCD 5.ABC
6.ACD 7.ABC 8.ABC 9ABC 10.ABCD
三、T or F
1）Key process includes
- A customer clicks the affiliate link (the affiliate network gets the data such as affiliate id, click time…)
- A customer makes a purchase from the referral of affiliates（the conversion pixel is fired and the affiliate network gets the data such as sale amount, and coupon usage）
- The Affiliate network generates the report and gives credit to the relative affiliate for the order.
- The Advertiser reviews and approves the order and the affiliate gets the commission.
2）It is suggested to answer the questions from the perspective of website traffic ( online revenue), target market, marketing objectives, budget, and product to choose the best affiliate network for the advertiser.
3）Channel definition with utm_source should be mentioned.