Bob’s Weekly Reading Picks
2019.12.1 volume 47
- The Value of Coupon and Cashback Affiliates
- Retailer thoughts on Black Friday 2019
- What is Amazon Influencer Marketing, and Why is it Important?
- All About Fraggles (Fragment + Handle) – Whiteboard Friday
- The Practical Guide to Finding Anyone’s Email Address
- The Best Books of 2019
1. The Value of Coupon and Cashback Affiliates
PayPal is set to acquire browser extension Honey in a $4 billion deal.
Honey, it’s a browser extension that automatically searches and applies coupons to your shopping cart.
“Honey alerts online shoppers to potential deals like coupon codes on products they are viewing, as well as offers comparative pricing, sales alerts, and price history charts in the hopes of letting users know when they’re getting ripped off.”
Benefits of working with coupon or toolbar affiliates
- reducing shopping cart abandonment
- creating a smooth process to encourage more transactions.
Bob Notes: Coupon affiliates may steal traffic from other tyles of affiliates or marketing channels. That’s why merchants need to consider attribution. Learn more about affiliate marketing.
2. Retailer thoughts on Black Friday 2019
This is a sentiment that will resound with brands previously stung when websites buckled under huge traffic spikes, or for those unable to cope with surges in the volume of new orders to deliver or the subsequent glut of returns.
Akhtar also stresses the need for brands to actually offer prospective customers something unique, warning of the reputational risk of rehashing readily available deals and offers.
Being able to stitch all the pieces together so they are able to control messaging, offers, margin, customer service, delivery and returns remains a tricky enterprise.
3. What is Amazon Influencer Marketing, and Why is it Important?
Younger audiences are also almost always online and tend to trust online influencers more than older generations.
Influencer marketing usually emphasizes values such as honesty and authenticity.
Social platforms: Instagram, YouTube and Amazon’s video game streaming platform Twitch…
Amazon Influencer Program
In 2017, Amazon rolled out its new Influencer Program. The program is akin to Amazon’s existing affiliate program, which allowed anyone to promote a product and receive a commission for every purchase.
The new program goes further and allows influencers to curate a storefront of products.
The move came three years after Amazon’s purchase of streaming platform Twitch.
4. All About Fraggles (Fragment + Handle) – Whiteboard Friday
5. The Practical Guide to Finding Anyone’s Email Address
Search engine: startpage.com
Email finding tools
Find That Email
LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail (extension)
7. The Best Books of 2019
- Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/nov/30/best-books-of-the-year-2019
- New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/books/review/best-books.html
- Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/entertainment/books/best-books-of-2019/
- GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/choiceawards/best-books-2019
- Time: https://time.com/collection/must-read-books-2019/
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Best-Books-of-the-Year-So-Far/b?ie=UTF8&node=3003015011