Bob’s Weekly Reading Picks
2019.3.8- volume 9
1.Affiliate and Influencer Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye On in 2019
2.Le Tote expands its blogger affiliate network
3.Influencer marketing 2019: Seven key stats you need to know
4.2019 Performance Marketing Awards Shortlist Announced
5.The Complete Guide to Improving Email Lead Generation
6.How to Market on Reddit: A Guide for Businesses
7.How to Recruit Paid Social Influencers
According to the Klear report, “Instagram influencer marketing grew by over 39% in 2018”, and “84% of sponsored posts were posted by micro-influencers”. Lifestyle and fashion are still the top two verticals.
Sponsored Video Content
YouTube, Instagram, and Twitch
“people use voice search when they want a quick answer. This is why content that’s optimized for voice needs to give people direct answers to their specific questions.”
Affiliate network Webgains has partnered with IBM Watson to bring AI to affiliate marketing.
Le Tote is a subscription service for rental apparel and accessories.
Types of affiliates
discount sites: eBates, RetailMeNot
browser extensions: Honey
content focused: TheWireCutter.com reviews products, or PopSugar.com provides entertainment news
Others: Allume.com has a stylist pick out apparel and accessories from different retailers and put together looks for a shopper to buy
While coupon affiliates drive more conversions because shoppers are likely already in the purchase mindset, bloggers capture shoppers that are still in the consideration phase of the purchasing funnel,
- Influencer marketing will become a $10 billion industry by 2020
- 94% of marketers think that ‘transparency and authenticity are key to influencer marketing success’
- 39% of active Instagram accounts with over 15k followers are influencers
- 42% of marketers find the question of fake followers and bots as their main concern in influencer marketing
- 22% of 18-34 year-olds made a large purchase after seeing an online influencer endorsing the item
- 84% of marketers think that the measurement of ROI will be critical to the future success of influencer marketing
- Marketers state that engagement is the most common metric to their success of influencer marketing
engagement (90%), clicks (59%), impressions (55%), conversions (54%), and reach (50%) following.
How to Get Email Leads
- Display Pop-ups
- Track Your Competition
- Run Email Drip Campaigns
- Offer Gated Content and Content Upgrades
- Sidebars, Sticky Top Bars, and Slide-Ins
- Leverage Social Posts and Ads
- Score Your Leads
- Automate Your Email Delivery
Reddit as a whole is carved into thousands of individual communities organized around topics or interests.
For example, r/politics focuses on worldwide political news and r/dogberg focuses exclusively on footage of dogs haphazardly knocking over people or things.
How to Engage and Market on Reddit
- Be a member first
- Give more than you take
- Post original content and engage in a genuine way
- Don’t even think about using shills
Before you dive right into a new medium, though, figure out how you’ll measure the results of your influencer campaigns.
1.Social Network for Your Niche
Instagram, YouTube,blogs, websites, events, conferences, podcasts, authors, Facebook (pages & groups), Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, Pinterest, Medium, discussion forums, and every other source of influence.
2.Select an Influencer
A.Partner With Traditional Influencers via Agencies and Search Tools
If you’re looking for a short-term product placement deal and have a budget to burn, agencies are a good option.I
If you’re in search of micro-influencers, nano-influencers, a long-term relationship, or more affordable choices, agencies may not be the way to go.
B.Create Your Own Influencer
This could be someone from your customer base, someone with authority in your industry, or even someone from your own team.
C. Recruit Your Customers as Influencers
3.Draft an Influencer Contract
Decide if You Want a Short- or Long-Term Partnership
Determine Whether to Pay Per Action or Result
When you work with influencers, you should take steps to inform them about legal requirements and continually check in to make sure the rules are followed.
4.Create Influencer Campaign Content and Calls to Action
If your aim is to bring more foot traffic to your store, you can use influencers to promote a live event.