Bob’s Weekly Reading Picks
2019.8.25 volume 33
1.Ask the Expert: Data-Driven Campaign Optimization
2.5 Benefits and 5 Techniques that Add Value to Affiliate Networks
3.Taking Affiliate Worldwide: Top Tips for Global Program Success
4.Goodbye, Generic SEO Audit – Whiteboard Friday
5.Marketers ant more data, analytics, tech for improved personalization
6.How to keep your customers happy| The Economist
7.What companies are for | The Economist
Make sure you are globally privacy compliant.
- Track all global consumer transactions through an affiliate program.
- Have a clear understanding of your international order/shipping/return policies.
- Determine your global/local consumer focus: cross-border, local, or both.
- Find out what products/services have converted best in a given country.
- Work with other internal departments (finance, shipping, legal, etc) to ensure legitimate international orders are not cancelled by default, and that you have global shipping capabilities and/or can work with freight forwarders.
- Track the global distribution of your audience and take any expansion plans into consideration.
- Understand how your digital consumers interact within the countries/regions that you focus on. What is unique about their shopping behaviours?
- Determine the type of advertisers and offers that best convert with your local and/or cross-border audience. Then, run campaigns to introduce new advertiser products to those global audiences.
Affiliate Network/Agencies/Solution Providers:
- Determine your countries/regions of focus.
- Understand any new trends in these countries/regions.
- Know the top 50 advertisers and publishers for each of these countries/regions.
- Decide the advertiser and publisher verticals focus on.
- Learn the affiliate verticals that work best in your target countries/regions.
- Understand the current affiliate landscape in each market.
- Create a plan for localization, affiliate payout, and other areas of support.
- Secure proper program management and data science capabilities to create a customized global/country launch plan.
- Enable network compliance for compliant traffic and transactions.
How to customize
- Don’t look at everything
- Start with a problem statement
- Segment to isolate
How to prioritize
How do you actually determine how much of an impact something is going to have before you do it?
a)So look at the data on your own website and see what’s already performing and what qualities are true about those pages.
b) start small and test.